I’m using ZEO since the end of August. The ZEO device made me even more punctual on my rytmes during the day, and stimulated me to track my activity during the day and evening.
What is ZEO
ZEO gives you an analysis of your sleep, and reports in ZQ. ZQ is the sum of your light sleep, REM sleep, DEEP sleep, times in wake and how long in wake. You can score higher ZQ by optimizing REM and DEEP, and total sleep in general. You lose ZQ points with times in wake.
How does this works
ZEO consists of a headband and a ZEO device, which are wireless connected to each other, during the night data is transfered to the ZEO device by tracking your brain waves. I usually upload my data every week and then check where I need to optimize my sleep. Because the tracking is an enabler to optimize your sleep. On the website myzeo.com, you can set your goals and start working on your sleep fitness program.
A lot of people came to me, since I’m using this, talking about their sleep, and telling that they don’t sleep well. There are a lot of sleep disruptives possible, and mostly you know them of course. It is about changing habits and create discipline to work on that. The Zeo together with the online personal sleeping coach helps you define the disruptive elements, and make you really aware about them every day, also because the daily reporting (ZQ) on your ZEO device tells you are on your way or not, and really shows you what is going on, and when it is going on.
Sleep is very personal?
Sleep might be very personal for people, especially if you don’t sleep well. There can be tons of reasons of course, you might worry about family, work, have anxiety or have crying babies (but that is hopefully temporary), or snoring husband or wife. Posting your sleep data to a website may go a bit far you might think, but by doing this, you get lots of more info, also from other people, and you can start talking about it, and share exepriences, it will create a sence of community feeling ‘not being alone’ with your sleeping problems or habits. We will learn form each other to get a better life.
So far my findings:
ZEO helped to measure my sleep, and to get to know what is going on at night, I must say I always have been fascinated about this. I like to sleep, have wonderful dreams, sometimes a bit weird, but I like dreaming. And when I have long DEEP sleeps I really feel it! I don’t use any sleep medicine, I sometimes smoke a joint, and it highers my REM a bit, but in general it does not have a high impact on my sleep. Where as alcohol is really bad for sleep.
My friend and I are exchanging ZQ scores, and we talk a lot about our sleep, this makes it also fun! We exchange our dreams and so on. To share this with someone more intimate, stimulates to really work on it, and make it kind of a competition.
ZEO made my schedule more rigid, I try to go to bed at the same time, and get up by the same time. I did this before ZEO as well, but not so conscious.
Exercise regurarly: practicing Tai Chi twice a week, and cycle or run once a week.
Work related exercise:
– Try to avoid annoying people, who irritate you, try to stay happy and constructive (this is also for your private life, filter on people you spend time with)
– Avoid stress, if you do have stress, exercise more, this always helps for me. Try to find out what makes you stressful, and do something about it. It might be little things.
– Keep things in control and be organized. This might be for everybody different, but running different projects, it is easy to lose control, and stay organized keeps my life easy and manageable.
– Keep a balance between private and work. Not always easy, but challenging.
– Go with the flow, things just happen sometime, and sometimes you can do something about it and sometimes not.
– Predicting my sleep analysis.
– Optimizing my DEEP sleep.
– Keeping my total sleep hours (min 8 hours a night)
– My average ZQ is 75, would like to be in 80’s.