Comments : 1 Comment »
Tags: blogs, stats, wordpress
Categories : software houses
- 240,494 blogs were created.
- 281,729 new users joined.
- 2,533,704 file uploads. (Y’all use the new uploader a lot more.)
- About 740 gigabytes of new files. (Estimated, better number next month.)
- 317 terabytes of content transferred from our datacenters. (Compare to last time we published transfer numbers.)
- 3,258,032 posts and 1,330,355 new pages.
- 5,775,721 comments.
- 4,903,485 logins.
- 655,178,604 pageviews on WordPress.com, and another 408,359,440 on self-hosted blogs. (1,063,538,044 pageviews total across blogs using our stats system. We broke a billion!!)
- 63,730,680 pageviews in RSS feeds.
- 884,208 active blogs, where “active” means they got a human visitor.
- 152,005,525 unique people visited WordPress.com-hosted blogs.
- About 30% of pageviews go to blogs with their own domains.
- 43% of pageviews to permalink pages.
- 30% of pageviews go to blogs in languages other than English. The most popular? Spanish, Portuguese, and Indonesian.
- 63% of our visitors were from outside of the United States.
- About 93% of pageviews were to people not logged in.
- People logged in somewhere using OpenID 84 thousand times.
- Blogs using the Digg3 theme got 5.26% of total traffic.
- There were 475 posts made via the Atom API (234,831 with XML-RPC).
- We sent 3,761,059 emails.
So many of our stats fall along 70/30 lines it’s scary.